East Windsor Hill Historic District

Roughly bounded by the Scantic River, John Fitch Blvd., Sullivan Ave., and the Connecticut River, South Windsor, Connecticut


Aaron Bissell House

Aaron Bissell House (1813) 1891 Main Street

Photo taken by Chester Gehman in May 2019



Street View 

National Register information 

Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on May 30, 1986
Reference number
Architectural styles
Mid 19th Century Revival: Exotic Revival; Georgian; Federal
Areas of significance
Education; Architecture; Religion
Level of significance
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Historic functions
Cemetery; Single dwelling; School; Specialty store; Secondary structure
Current functions
Cemetery; Single dwelling; Secondary structure; School; Specialty store
Periods of significance
1600-1649; 1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1700-1749; 1850-1874; 1800-1824; 1750-1799; 1825-1849; 1925-1949
Significant years
1633; 1833; 1865
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 44
Contributing sites: 3
Non-contributing buildings: 6

Update Log 

  • November 1, 2020: New photo from Chester Gehman
  • October 7, 2017: New Street View added by Brian Bartlett