Philipsburg Historic District

Also known as: Granite County Jail
Roughly bounded by Gamma St. and Cleveland Ave., Montgomery, Madison and Duffy, and Cedar and McDonald Sts., Philipsburg, Montana

Photos 

East Kearney Street

St. Andrew's Church to Granite County Jail

Photo taken by Richard Doody in September 2018

Enlarge

Map 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on September 30, 1986
Reference number
86002791
Architectural styles
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Classical Revival; American Movement: Bungalow/Craftsman; Victorian
Areas of significance
Industry; Commerce; Architecture
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic functions
Courthouse; Single dwelling
Current functions
Single dwelling; Courthouse
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1925-1949
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 154
Non-contributing buildings: 68

Update Log 

  • October 2, 2018: New photos from Richard Doody
  • September 23, 2018: New photo from Richard Doody

Sources