Washington Avenue Historic District

Roughly bounded by Delmar, Tucker, St. Charles, N. Fifteenth, Olive, N. Eighteenth, Washington Ave., and Lucas St., St. Louis, Missouri

Map 

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on February 12, 1987
Reference number
86003733
Architectural styles
American Movement: Chicago; Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Mission/Spanish Revival
Areas of significance
Commerce; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic functions
Specialty store; Business
Current functions
Business; Specialty store
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1925-1949
Significant years
1899; 1931
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 55
Non-contributing buildings: 10

Tags 

19th Century (36,350)
American Movement (6,254)
Brick (42,457)
Built 1899 (526)
Built during 1890s (7,186)
Ceramic tile (3,230)
Chicago (382)
District (10,142)
Eames & Young (14)
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival (16,281)
Mission/Spanish Revival (1,385)
Missouri (4,575)
Private owner (54,396)
St. Louis, Missouri (375)
Stone (26,162)
Terra cotta (3,922)

Sources