Washington Avenue: East of Tucker District

Roughly bounded by Lucas, N. Ninth, St. Charles, Locust, and Tucker Blvd., St. Louis, Missouri

Map 

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 24, 1987
Reference number
87000458
Architectural styles
Victorian: Italianate; Victorian: Romanesque
Areas of significance
Industry; Commerce; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic functions
Manufacturing facility; Business
Current functions
Business; Manufacturing facility
Periods of significance
1950-1974; 1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1925-1949
Significant years
1875; 1955
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 17
Non-contributing buildings: 1

Tags 

19th Century (36,430)
Brick (42,457)
Built 1875 (447)
Built during 1870s (4,824)
District (10,216)
Granite (5,090)
Isaac Taylor (2)
Italianate (5,047)
Missouri (4,592)
Romanesque (2,706)
St. Louis, Missouri (378)
Terra cotta (3,922)
Victorian (19,690)

Sources