Douglasville Commercial Historic District

Roughly bounded by Broad St., Adair St., Church St., and Club Dr., Douglasville, Georgia

Map 

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on July 24, 1989
Reference number
89000850
Architectural styles
American Movement; Late 19th and 20th Century Revival; Victorian: Italianate
Areas of significance
Community Planning and Development; Commerce; Transportation; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic functions
Courthouse; Meeting hall; Rail-related; Business
Current functions
Meeting hall; Business; Courthouse
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1850-1874; 1925-1949
Significant year
1874
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 35
Contributing structures: 1
Contributing sites: 1
Contributing objects: 1
Non-contributing buildings: 9

Tags 

19th Century (37,729)
American Movement (6,254)
Brick (42,462)
Built 1874 (416)
Built during 1870s (5,007)
Ceramic tile (3,229)
District (10,481)
Douglas County, Georgia (6)
Douglasville, Georgia (3)
Georgia (3,071)
Italianate (5,109)
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival (16,279)
Stone (26,160)
Terra cotta (3,922)
Victorian (19,698)

Sources