Newnan Commercial Historic District

Roughly bounded by Lee, Perry, Salbide, Lagrange, W. Spring, Brown, Madison, and Jefferson, Newnan, Georgia

Map 

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 20, 1990
Reference number
90000432
Architectural styles
American Movement; Late 19th and 20th Century Revival; Victorian
Areas of significance
Community Planning and Development; Commerce; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic functions
Courthouse; Professional; Library; Government office; Financial institution; Business
Current functions
Professional; Business; Government office; Courthouse; Financial institution
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1850-1874; 1825-1849; 1925-1949
Significant year
1828
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 89
Contributing structures: 1
Contributing objects: 1
Non-contributing buildings: 23

Tags 

19th Century (37,542)
American Movement (6,254)
Brick (42,462)
Built 1828 (142)
Built during 1820s (1,809)
Copper (1,058)
Coweta County, Georgia (29)
District (10,360)
Georgia (3,068)
J.W. Golucke (7)
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival (16,280)
Newnan, Georgia (13)
Stone (26,161)
Terra cotta (3,922)
Victorian (19,697)

Sources