Dundee Historic District

Roughly bounded by Main, Monroe, and Toledo Sts., River Raisin, Riley, Tecumseh, and Ypsilanti Sts., Dundee, Michigan

Photos 

River Raisin Dam

Built in 1914.

Photo taken by Jim Allen in Aug. 2020

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

This district has two parts. The business district north of the River Raisin, and the dam & grist mill south of the river.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on August 20, 1990
Reference number
90001239
Architectural styles
Mid 19th Century Revival: Exotic Revival; Victorian: Italianate
Areas of significance
Industry; Commerce; Exploration/Settlement; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic functions
Department store; Restaurant; Manufacturing facility; Specialty store; Business
Current functions
Museum; Professional; Department store; Specialty store; Restaurant
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1850-1874; 1825-1849; 1925-1949
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 26
Contributing structures: 2
Contributing sites: 1
Contributing objects: 1
Non-contributing buildings: 5

Tags 

Brick (42,462)
District (10,527)
Dundee, Michigan (1)
Exotic Revival (7,381)
Have Street View (46,654)
Italianate (5,114)
Michigan (1,955)
Mid 19th Century Revival (7,958)
Monroe County, Michigan (18)
Stone (26,160)
Victorian (19,698)

Update Log 

  • October 19, 2020: Updated by Jim Allen: added description
  • October 19, 2020: New photos from Jim Allen

Sources