Blackstone Historic District

Roughly bounded by Mann, Dillard, Tavern, S. High, Oak, Eighth and Freeman Sts. and the Norfolk and Western RR tracks, Blackstone, Virginia

Map 

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on January 25, 1991
Reference number
90002174
Architectural styles
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Late Gothic Revival; Victorian: Queen Anne; Victorian: Romanesque
Areas of significance
Commerce; Transportation; Architecture
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic functions
Religious structure; Post office; Single dwelling; School; Financial institution
Current functions
Religious structure; Single dwelling; Specialty store; Financial institution; Post office
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1850-1874; 1800-1824; 1750-1799; 1825-1849; 1925-1949
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 272
Contributing structures: 1
Non-contributing buildings: 91

Sources