Automotive Historic District

Roughly bounded by First Ave. N., 24th St. S., Fifth Ave. S. and 20th St. S., Birmingham, Alabama

Map 

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on May 30, 1991
Reference number
91000661
Architectural styles
American Movement; Modern Movement; Victorian: Italianate
Areas of significance
Commerce; Transportation; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic functions
Road-related; Business
Current functions
Road-related; Business
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1925-1949
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 119
Contributing structures: 4
Non-contributing buildings: 17
Non-contributing sites: 16

Tags 

Alabama (1,825)
American Movement (6,254)
Birmingham, Alabama (140)
Brick (42,462)
District (10,518)
Italianate (5,114)
Jefferson County, Alabama (192)
Modern Movement (2,576)
Stucco (7,816)
Terra cotta (3,922)
Victorian (19,698)

Sources