Barton Historic District

Roughly bounded by Harrison and Jefferson Sts., Barton Ave., Salisbury Rd., Monroe St. and the Milwaukee R., West Bend, Wisconsin

Photos 

Marker to Boundary of District

Barton was absorbed into the city of West Bend but maintains a neighborhood identity.

Photo taken by J.R. Manning in July 2010

Enlarge

Map 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 5, 1992
Reference number
92000109
Architectural styles
American Movement: Bungalow/Craftsman; Mid 19th Century Revival: Exotic Revival; Victorian: Italianate
Areas of significance
Commerce; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic functions
Religious structure; Single dwelling; Manufacturing facility; Specialty store
Current functions
Religious structure; Single dwelling; Specialty store; Manufacturing facility
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1850-1874; 1825-1849; 1925-1949
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 51
Contributing structures: 2
Non-contributing buildings: 56
Non-contributing structures: 1

Update Log 

  • June 19, 2015: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated Status
  • August 19, 2010: New photo from J.R. Manning

Sources