Hays County Courthouse Historic District

Roughly bounded by the alleys behind N. Guadalupe, E. Hopkins, N. LBJ and E. San Antonio Sts., San Marcos, Texas

Map 

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on September 10, 1992
Reference number
92001233
Architectural styles
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Classical Revival; American Movement: Prairie School; Victorian
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic functions
Courthouse; Department store; Professional; Restaurant; Business
Current functions
Professional; Department store; Business; Courthouse; Restaurant
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1925-1949
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 20
Contributing objects: 1
Non-contributing buildings: 15

Sources