Boston Mills Historic District

Roughly, Riverview, Boston Mills and Stanford Rds. and Main St., Boston Mills, Ohio


Gas Station & Boston Store

The gas station was built in 1946. The Boston Store in the background, built in 1835, is now one of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park visitor centers.

Photo taken by Jim Allen in August 2014



National Register information 

Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on November 9, 1992
Reference number
Architectural styles
Mid 19th Century Revival: Exotic Revival; Other architectural type; Upright and wing;gabled ell
Areas of significance
Community Planning and Development; Architecture
Level of significance
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Historic functions
Single dwelling; Specialty store; Secondary structure; Business
Current functions
Single dwelling; Secondary structure
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1850-1874; 1825-1849; 1925-1949
Significant years
1880; 1900; 1913
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 28
Contributing structures: 1
Non-contributing buildings: 19
Non-contributing structures: 1


19th Century (36,545)
Boston Mills, Ohio (1)
Built 1880 (516)
Built during 1880s (6,164)
District (10,262)
Exotic Revival (7,379)
Mid 19th Century Revival (7,958)
Ohio (5,080)
Stone (26,162)
Summit County, Ohio (188)

Update Log 

  • August 26, 2014: New photos from Jim Allen

Related landmarks