Cedartown Commercial Historic District

Roughly bounded by East Ave. and S. Philpot, Gibson and College Sts., Cedartown, Georgia

Map 

Street View 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 24, 1992
Reference number
92001715
Architectural styles
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Classical Revival; Modern Movement: Art Deco; Victorian: Italianate
Areas of significance
Community Planning and Development; Commerce; Transportation; Politics/Government; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic functions
Courthouse; Department store; Professional; Post office; City hall; Specialty store; Warehouse; Financial institution
Current functions
Professional; Theater; Specialty store; Courthouse; Financial institution; Post office
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1850-1874; 1925-1949
Significant years
1851; 1873; 1914
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 64
Contributing structures: 1
Contributing objects: 1
Non-contributing buildings: 19

Update Log 

  • July 9, 2010: New Street View added by Eddie Douthitt

Sources