The Landing Historic District

Roughly bounded by Calhoun, Harrison, Dock and Pearl Sts. and the alley between Columbia and Main Sts., Fort Wayne, Indiana

Map 

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on September 16, 1993
Reference number
93000953
NR name
Landing, The, Historic District
Architectural styles
Victorian: Renaissance; Victorian: Italianate; Victorian: Romanesque
Areas of significance
Commerce; Transportation; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction; B - Person
Property type
District
Historic functions
Professional; Hotel; Rail-related; Manufacturing facility; Specialty store; Business
Current functions
Professional; Business; Government office; Specialty store; Street furniture/object; Restaurant
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1850-1874; 1925-1949
Significant years
1881; 1901
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 18
Contributing structures: 1
Non-contributing buildings: 2
Non-contributing objects: 1

Tags 

19th Century (38,050)
Allen County, Indiana (64)
Brick (42,466)
Built 1881 (392)
Built during 1880s (6,537)
Charles E. Kendrick (1)
District (10,592)
Fort Wayne, Indiana (51)
Indiana (2,149)
Italianate (5,120)
Randall Perry (1)
Renaissance (1,333)
Romanesque (2,724)
Stone (26,168)
Terra cotta (3,922)
Victorian (19,703)

Sources