West of Boulevard Historic District

Roughly bounded by Colonial Ave., W. Grace St., Cutshaw Ave., Thompson St., and Ellwood Ave., Richmond, Virginia

Map 

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 7, 1994
Reference number
94000153
Architectural style
Other architectural type; Multiple
Areas of significance
Architecture; Community Planning and Development
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic functions
Single dwelling; Multiple dwelling; Specialty store; School; Religious structure; Church school
Current functions
Single dwelling; Multiple dwelling; Specialty store; School; Religious structure; Church school
Periods of significance
1875-1899; 1900-1924; 1925-1949
Significant years
1906; 1914
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 1763
Non-contributing buildings: 175

Tags 

20th Century (29,077)
Brick (42,457)
Built 1906 (834)
Built during 1900s (8,841)
District (10,143)
Richmond, Virginia (209)
Slate (5,715)
Terra cotta (3,922)
Virginia (3,527)

Sources