Hillsdale Downtown Historic District

Roughly bounded by Ferriss, Cook, E. Bacon, S. Howell, Waldron, N. Manning, Monroe and Hillsdale Sts. and Carlton Rd., Hillsdale, Michigan

Map 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on February 17, 1995
Reference number
95000075
Architectural styles
Other architectural type; Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Classical Revival; Victorian: Italianate; High Victorian Eclectic
Areas of significance
Community Planning and Development; Commerce; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction; A - Event
Property type
District
Historic functions
Religious structure; Courthouse; Post office; City hall; Specialty store; Restaurant; Department store
Current functions
Religious structure; Courthouse; Post office; City hall; Specialty store; Restaurant; Department store
Periods of significance
1925-1949; 1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1850-1874; 1825-1849
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 95
Contributing objects: 6
Non-contributing buildings: 29

Update Log 

  • October 5, 2020: Updated by Jim Allen: refined coordinates

Sources