Henderson Commercial Historic District

Roughly bounded by Charlevoix, Marshall, Elk and Van Buren Sts., Henderson, Texas

Map 

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 10, 1995
Reference number
95000219
Architectural styles
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Classical Revival; Modern Movement: Art Deco; Victorian: Romanesque
Area of significance
Commerce
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
District
Historic functions
Business; Specialty store; Courthouse; Meeting hall
Current functions
Business; Specialty store; Courthouse
Periods of significance
1875-1899; 1900-1924; 1925-1949
Significant years
1883; 1905; 1930
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 39
Contributing structures: 2
Non-contributing buildings: 38

Tags 

19th Century (36,347)
Art Deco (1,168)
Brick (42,457)
Built 1883 (496)
Built during 1880s (6,132)
Classical Revival (4,460)
District (10,141)
Henderson, Texas (2)
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival (16,281)
Modern Movement (2,502)
Romanesque (2,699)
Rusk County, Texas (8)
Stucco (7,816)
Texas (3,573)
Victorian (19,690)

Sources