Northwest Side Historic District

Roughly bounded by Van Buren, Clyde, Grant, and Main Sts., Stoughton, Wisconsin

Map 

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 5, 1998
Reference number
98000221
Architectural styles
Victorian: Italianate; Victorian: Queen Anne; American Movement: Bungalow/Craftsman
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic function
Single dwelling
Current functions
Single dwelling; Multiple dwelling
Periods of significance
1850-1874; 1875-1899; 1900-1924; 1925-1949
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 251
Non-contributing buildings: 74

Tags 

Aluminum (1,258)
American Movement (6,254)
Brick (42,460)
Bungalow/Craftsman (3,341)
Dane County, Wisconsin (223)
District (10,317)
Italianate (5,079)
James Law (1)
Private owner (54,396)
Queen Anne (5,088)
Stone (26,162)
Stoughton, Wisconsin (16)
Victorian (19,697)
Wisconsin (2,552)

Sources