Martinsville Commercial Historic District

Roughly bounded by Pike, Mulberry, Jackson, and Sycamore Sts., Martinsville, Indiana

Map 

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on April 1, 1998
Reference number
98000300
Architectural styles
Victorian: Italianate; Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Classical Revival; Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Tudor Revival
Areas of significance
Architecture; Commerce; Entertainment/Recreation; Health/Medicine; Politics/Government
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic functions
Professional; Financial institution; Specialty store; Department store; City hall; Courthouse; Medical business/office
Current functions
Professional; Financial institution; Specialty store; City hall; Courthouse
Periods of significance
1925-1949; 1900-1924; 1825-1849; 1850-1874; 1875-1899
Significant year
1857
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 75
Contributing objects: 1
Non-contributing buildings: 6

Sources