Framingham Railroad Station

415 Waverly St., Framingham, Massachusetts

A restored 19th century railroad depot

Photos 

Framingham

Photo taken by Marc Belanger in July 2011

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

This imposing depot of rough-hewn granite was designed by noted architect H. H. Richardson in the style known as Richardsonian Romanesque for the Boston & Albany Railroad in 1884-1885. Restored in 1995 after years of neglect, it now houses the Deluxe Depot Diner Restaurant.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on January 17, 1975
Reference number
75000258
Areas of significance
Transportation; Architecture
Level of significance
National
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Rail-related
Current function
Rail-related
Period of significance
1875-1899
Significant year
1885

Update Log 

  • February 23, 2017: New Street View added by Brian Bartlett
  • January 20, 2017: Updated by Chester Gehman: Added description and photos
  • March 22, 2015: New photo from Marc Belanger

Sources