Napa Valley Railroad Depot

Lincoln Ave. and Fair Way, Calistoga, California

Map 

Street View 

Description 

"The Napa Valley Railroad depot, now the Southern Pacific depot, was built in 1868. Its roundhouse across Lincoln Avenue is gone. On its first trip, this railroad brought people to Calistoga for the elaborate opening of Brannan's summer resort in October 1868." - California Historic Landmark No.687

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on April 18, 1977
Reference number
77000313
Area of significance
Transportation
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
Building
Historic function
Rail-related
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1850-1874
Significant year
1868

Update Log 

  • March 26, 2019: Updated by Richard Doody: Added historical info
  • December 14, 2016: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger

Sources