CB&Q Mound City Depot

Also known as: Burlington-Northern Depot,Burlington Depot Museum
S. State St., Mound City, Missouri

Photos 

Mound City Depot

South and east sides

Nathan Hopper, Nov 2019

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

Built in 1921 to replace the original depot which burned in 1917. Served as local offices for the Chicago Burlington & Quincy/Burlington Northern until 1976, when it was given to the Mound City Museum Association.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 12, 1978
Reference number
78001648
NR name
Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Depot
Area of significance
Commerce
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
Building
Historic function
Rail-related
Current function
Museum
Period of significance
1900-1924
Significant year
ca. 1921

Update Log 

  • November 11, 2019: New photos from Nathan Hopper
  • November 11, 2019: New photos from Nathan Hopper
  • May 9, 2017: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger

Sources