Oxford Railroad Depot and Junction House

Demolished
S. Elm and W. Spring St., Oxford, Ohio

Map 

Street View 

Description 

The depot was torn down in 1994 but the junction house remains

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on February 8, 1980
Reference number
80002949
Areas of significance
Commerce; Transportation; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic functions
Hotel; Restaurant; Rail-related; Specialty store
Current function
Multiple dwelling
Periods of significance
1875-1899; 1850-1874
Significant years
1860; 1895
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 2

Tags 

19th Century (36,425)
Brick (42,457)
Built 1860 (417)
Built during 1860s (3,616)
Butler County, Ohio (100)
Have Street View (36,050)
Isaac & Joseph White (1)
Ohio (5,072)
Oxford, Ohio (16)
Private owner (54,396)
Railroad (1,730)
Railroad depot (1,375)
Slate (5,715)
Stone (26,162)

Update Log 

  • August 6, 2017: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Landmark has been demolished

Sources