Craigville Depot

Also known as: Craigville Telephone Company
Ryan and Edgerton Rds., New Haven, Indiana

Photos 

Photo taken by Jim Allen in November 2014

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

Originally a Delphos, Bluffton, & St. Louis Railroad depot located in Craigville, Wells County. Later sold to the Craigville Telephone Company, which used it as a warehouse. In 1979 it was moved to it's current location.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 10, 1984
Reference number
84000181
Architectural style
Victorian: Stick/Eastlake
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Rail-related
Current function
Museum
Period of significance
1875-1899
Significant years
1879; 1950

Tags 

19th Century (38,039)
Allen County, Indiana (64)
Built 1879 (305)
Built during 1870s (5,059)
Indiana (2,149)
Moved (2,194)
New Haven, Indiana (4)
Private owner (54,403)
Railroad (1,984)
Railroad depot (1,575)
Stick/Eastlake (870)
Victorian (19,703)

Update Log 

  • December 1, 2014: Updated by Jim Allen: Added description & refined coordinates
  • December 1, 2014: New photos from Jim Allen

Sources