Antigo Depot

Also known as: Chicago and Northwestern Railroad Depot
522 Morse St., Antigo, Wisconsin

Photos 

Overview Looking Northwest

Charles Sumner Frost was a noted architect who designed many stations for the the Chicago & Northwestern Railway. This station was also a main office for the C&NW's Ashland Division. Frost's most notable design was the beautiful C&NW Terminal in Chicago's Loop (designed with Alfred Hoyt Granger) just to the north of Union Station. That terminal was sadly demolished in 1984 to make way for the CitiCorp building, still commonly known as "The Northwestern Depot."

After the Ashland Division was abandoned and the tracks lifted, this depot was repurposed for business offices and as an apartment building.

Photo taken by J.R. Manning

Enlarge

Map 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on February 10, 1992
Reference number
92000029
Architectural style
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Classical Revival
Areas of significance
Transportation; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Rail-related
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1925-1949
Significant year
1907

Update Log 

  • March 25, 2012: New photos from J.R. Manning

Sources