Chicago and Northwestern Railroad Passenger Depot

Also known as: The Depot Restaurant
319 Williams St., Waukesha, Wisconsin

Old railroad station repurposed as a restaurant.

Photos 

Overview Looking East

Several passenger cars have been parked on a siding along the old platform for many years. At one time, a Soo Line steam engine, known as "Sweet Sue" was also parked here. The locomotive now resides at the Mid-Continent Railway Museum in North Freedom, Wisconsin.

Photo taken by J.R. Manning

Map 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on February 24, 1995
Reference number
95000142
Architectural style
Victorian
Areas of significance
Architecture; Transportation
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Rail-related
Current function
Restaurant
Periods of significance
1875-1899; 1900-1924; 1925-1949
Significant year
1881

Tags 

19th Century (37,820)
Brick (42,462)
Built 1881 (386)
Built during 1880s (6,487)
Limestone (8,192)
Private owner (54,398)
Railroad (1,969)
Railroad depot (1,561)
Samuel Dodd (2)
Victorian (19,698)
Waukesha County, Wisconsin (161)
Waukesha, Wisconsin (67)
Wisconsin (2,624)

Update Log 

  • September 11, 2010: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated Status
  • July 31, 2010: New photos from J.R. Manning

Sources