Burlington Chicago and Quincy Railroad Depot

400 Collins St., Oregon, Illinois

Restored CB&Q Depot now serving as a museum

Photos 

Photo taken by J.R. Manning in April 2014

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

The depot is constructed with stone and brick walls and a ceramic tile roof. It was built in 1913, the third depot to serve Oregon. (The first two were destroyed by fire.) It served the community until 1971 when all passenger service was discontinued. The depot fell into disrepair over the years.

In 2001, a group of dedicated enthusiasts restored the depot to its former glory and today, it is open as a museum.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on July 25, 1997
Reference number
97000817
NR name
Chicago, Burlington, and Quincy Railroad Depot
Architectural style
American Movement
Area of significance
Transportation
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
Building
Historic function
Rail-related
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1925-1949
Significant year
1913

Update Log 

  • April 24, 2014: New photos from J.R. Manning
  • April 23, 2014: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated Status and Added Photos

Sources