Charles S. Frost design brick railroad depot that also served as the headquarters for the Lake Shore Division of the C&NW.
This is a large, two-story brick railroad station along the shore of the Fox River in Green Bay. The station served as headquarters for the Lakeshore Division of the C&NW and thousands of railroad passengers stopped here between 1898 and 1971, when the C&NW discontinued passenger service. Passengers sometimes had to change trains here depending on their destinations - the Flambeau 400 went to Ashland while the Peninsula 400 went to Ishpeming and the Valley 400 went to Menominie, Michigan, all came through this station.
Since 1996, the old depot has been home to the Titletown Brewing Company, a noted local landmark restaurant and brew pub. The restaurant has rave reviews to which this reporter can personally attest. The light fare is wonderful and reasonably priced. Titletown Brewing Company beers are a required taste test for any beer enthusiast!
The patina of the old station remains and the dining room is decorated with area-appropriate railroadiana and historic photographs. The owners are obviously proud of their heritage as a national landmark on top of being a local landmark for their beers.
If you find yourself in the Green Bay area, for a game, on business, or just vacationing, plan a visiting Lambeau Field, of course, but be sure to visit the landmark C&NW depot and be sure to plan on having a beer with dinner at the Titletown Brewing Company!