Also known as: Benton Hill TraceOld road connecting the county seat towns of Jackson and Benton
Typical stretch of road
Photo taken by James Baughn in June 2010
+37.36168, -89.6594637°21'42" N, 89°39'34" W
The Benton Road originally connected Jackson (county seat of Cape Girardeau County) with Benton (county seat of Scott County). While the road in Scott County is long gone, a portion in Cape County remains.
Just south of Jackson, County Road 318 is signed as Benton Road where it meets Highway 25. Going southeast, the road meets Route K and becomes County Road 206, continuing to Bloomfield Road. Here the road turns into a private driveway signed as Benton Hill Trace before ending short of I-55.
One of the more interesting features along the road is a bypassed concrete culvert built to resemble stone blocks. The culvert is located on CR 318 just north of the intersection with CR 316.
- June 21, 2017: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger
- June 26, 2010: New photos from James Baughn
- June 26, 2010: Added by James Baughn
- James Baughn - webmaster [at] bridgehunter [dot] com
- Bill Eichelberger - wallyum [at] hotmail [dot] com