Riveted steel water tower with built-up support beams.
The tower is an excellent example of a tower built by Pittsburgh - Des Moines Steel Company (who acted as constructing engineers) that also retains a builder plaque at the base of a support beam to identify this, which is noteworthy since most examples that retain plaques seem to have been built by the extremely prolific Chicago Bridge and Iron Works. The plaque indicates that the tower was built in 1928. Below the builder plaque is a capacity plaque, which lists the capacity of the tower as 75,000 gallons and lists the height of the bottom of the tank being 99 feet 0 inches above ground.
The tower is a particularly noteworthy and excellent example because its historic integrity is extremely high. The tower retains a decorative spherical finial on the top of the tower. The original riveted water pipe remains at the center of the tower, and the tower retains a builder plaque and a capacity plaque. The builder plaque contains an attractive design where a depiction of the water tower tank frames the text. The tank and support system both appear to be original and unaltered as well.