Tennga Gregory Road, Tennga, GA
Photo taken by Eddie Douthitt in July 2010
+34.98481, -84.7393534°59'05" N, 84°44'22" W
On February 5, 1935 C.L. Cox, T.L. Keith, and C.L. Wilson appeared before the county board to request a new school for Tennga. Residents approved a bond issue to construct the building at a cost of $ 15,000 with work done by WPA labor (one of the New Deal programs). A brick structure with four classrooms and an auditorium was erected on the same site as an earlier school. Trustees of the school at the time were Chairman Frank Talley, Secretary-Treasurer Will Ross. G.R. Keith, G.B. Hawkins, and J.T. Elrod. When the 1950's school consolidation program began the county board wanted to combine Tennga with Cisco as early as 1952. Finally both of these schools were combined with Eton in 1956. The brick building still standing was sold in 1958 and is now owned by the Ross family.
- July 5, 2010: Added by Eddie Douthitt