Lee County Courthouse
256 Main St., Beattyville, Ky
View of south (front) and west (side) elevation and area.
Photo taken for the Historic American Buildings Survey
+37.57363, -83.7100237°34'25" N, 83°42'36" W
Originally built in 1873, this structure is significant historically as a courthouse and architecturally for its massive timber roof trusses. //1871-1873. Built by Pryse, Brandenburg, and MacGuire. Brick, with massive timber roof trusses and stone foundation. The front addition was made in 1916 by Green Kilburn. The rear addition was made in 1963. Demolished, April 1977. -- Historic American Buildings Survey
- February 13, 2020: Updated by Michael Miller: Updated "Status" and Added "Year Lost"
- May 12, 2012: Imported photos from HABS/HAER
- August 5, 2010: Added by Bill Eichelberger
- Bill Eichelberger - wallyum [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HABS KY-139 - Lee County Courthouse
- Michael Miller - michael_a_miller [at] yahoo [dot] com