Also known as: Five Points Theater507 W. Exchange Street, Akron, OH
Structure that was a theater but has been severly modified
Overview Looking East
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in August 2016
+41.08544, -81.5367141°05'08" N, 81°32'12" W
Quadrangle map:Akron West
According to Cinema Treasures, this theater was built in 1915 as the 350 seat Portage Theater and operated as such until 1937. It was renamed the Five Points Theater until 1951 when it closed.
The structure at the site, which may or may not be the original building, has been modified significantly since it closed. It appears to be a garage of some sort.
- October 10, 2016: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated status, added description and added photos
- August 20, 2010: Added by Bill Eichelberger
- Bill Eichelberger - wallyum [at] hotmail [dot] com
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
- Cinema Treasures - The page dedicated to the Five Points Theater