Calamus Creek Lincoln Highway Bridge
235th Street just off US 30
Pony truss bridge over Calamus Creek on route of the former Lincoln Highway
Deck and Truss Detail
Note the skew of this bridge.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning
+41.83008, -90.7895241°49'48" N, 90°47'22" W
This pony truss bridge once carried America's first paved coast-to-coast highway. This section of the historic Lincoln Highway was bypassed to the south, by modern US 30. The bridge is closed to traffic, but is widely used by hikers and bikers to cross Calamus Creek.
- December 31, 2011: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger
- April 9, 2011: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated Status
- September 1, 2010: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger
- September 1, 2010: Added by J.R. Manning
- J.R. Manning - Lugnuts969 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Bill Eichelberger - wallyum [at] hotmail [dot] com