NW corner of 3rd and H street
Two story native stone school
View from Southwest
The silver building to the right of the school is a 1950's or 60's Quonset-hut addition which housed a gymnasium-auditorium.
Photo taken by Wes Kinsler September 2010
+36.37147, -96.6002136°22'17" N, 96°36'01" W
This first-generation stone schools is typical of many such schools built just before statehood. The choice of substantial stone construction over wood frame demonstrates this community's early commitment to public education.
This building is still used as a city hall and community center.
- September 12, 2010: Added by Wes Kinsler