Crown Mill

Also known as: Gold Crown Mill

Photos 

Crown Mill

Photo taken by Ron Brown

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

The Crown Mill, a three-story brick mill, was built in 1892 by John Greenwald. The height of the mill allowed for the gravity processing method of milling. The mill processed wheat from the farms along the Rio Grande and imported wheat from Kansas to mill. Crown Mill flour was shipped all over the United States, but the majority was used in New Mexico and Arizona. There were times when the mill operated both day and night to satisfy the high demand for flour. From the "City of Socorro Historic Walking Tour. http://www.socorronm.gov/pdf/socorro-walking-tour.pdf Located off of California St along side the BNSF railroad tracks.

Update Log 

  • June 25, 2016: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger
  • September 19, 2010: New photos from Ron Brown
  • September 18, 2010: Added by Ron Brown

Sources 

  • Ron Brown - ronald [at] totacc [dot] com
  • Bill Eichelberger - wallyum [at] hotmail [dot] com