Also known as: Gold Crown Mill
Photo taken by Ron Brown
+34.05145, -106.8905334°03'05" N, 106°53'26" W
The Crown Mill, a three-story brick mill, was built in 1892 by John
The height of the mill allowed for the gravity processing method
of milling. The mill processed wheat from the farms along the Rio Grande and imported wheat from Kansas to mill. Crown Mill flour was shipped all over the United States, but the majority was used in New
Mexico and Arizona.
There were times when the mill operated both day and night to satisfy the high demand for flour.
From the "City of Socorro Historic Walking Tour.
Located off of California St along side the BNSF railroad tracks.
- June 25, 2016: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger
- September 19, 2010: New photos from Ron Brown
- September 18, 2010: Added by Ron Brown
- Ron Brown - ronald [at] totacc [dot] com
- Bill Eichelberger - wallyum [at] hotmail [dot] com