Also known as: Gold Crown MillOff California St. next to the BNSF railroad tracks.
+34.05148, -106.8905634°03'05" N, 106°53'26" W
The Crown Mill, a three-story brick mill, was built in 1892 by John
The height of the mill allowed for the gravity processing method
of milling. The mill processed wheat from the farms along the Rio Grande and imported wheat from Kansas to mill. Crown Mill flour was shipped all over the United States, but the majority was used in New
Mexico and Arizona.
There were times when the mill operated both day and night to satisfy the high demand for flour.
From the"City of Socorro Historic Walking Tour"
- September 18, 2010: Added by Ron Brown
- Ron Brown - ronald [at] totacc [dot] com