Gerth Cabin

Junction of Bondi & NE Trego Rd, Greeley, KS

Log cabin built by one of Greeley's first settlers.

Photo 

Gerth Cabin

Photo taken by Ruth Reynolds

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

This cabin was built by one of the first European settlers in Anderson County. It has been relocated inside the Greeley city limits and restored. Tours are available by calling (785) 867-2966. There is evidence that the cabin was used to shelter slaves freed by John Brown in 1858.

Update Log 

  • August 10, 2016: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger
  • October 11, 2010: Added by Ruth Reynolds

Sources 

  • Ruth Reynolds - ruthmusic [at] yahoo [dot] com
  • Bill Eichelberger - wallyum [at] hotmail [dot] com