Looking Glass Rock
Forest Service Road 475 and 475B
Natural landmark - pluton monolith in the Appalachian Mountains of western North Carolina
Looking Glass Rock overlook on Blue Ridge Parkway
Photo taken by Curtis Lee
+35.30372, -82.7934635°18'13" N, 82°47'36" W
Looking Glass Rock is a pluton monolith in the Appalachian Mountains of western North Carolina. The mountain is located within Pisgah National Forest about 5.5 miles northwest of Brevard and 25 miles southwest of Asheville. Called 'Looking Glass' for the way its granite face reflects the sunshine in early evening, it rises from the valley floor to an elevation of almost 4000 ft. Well known natural landmark along the southern end of the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- August 17, 2015: Photo imported by Michael Miller
- August 13, 2015: Updated by Michael Miller: Added "GPS Coordinates" and "Street View"
- October 23, 2010: Added by Curtis Lee
- Curtis Lee - clee47ford [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Michael Miller - michael_a_miller [at] yahoo [dot] com