Randolph County Courthouse
100 S. Main St., Winchester, Indiana
Currently under renovation
Photo taken by Anthony Dillon
+40.17202, -84.9818140°10'19" N, 84°58'55" W
This is the 3rd Randolph County Courthouse and was constructed between 1875-77. It was designed by J.C. Johnson in the Second Empire style. Johnson also designed the nearby Adams County Courthouse in Decatur, IN. The original Mansard style roof and clock tower were removed in the early 1950's.
The county commissioners had voted to tear the building down due to a deteriorated condition, but after much public outcry have decided to restore it instead. The county offices have all been relocated while the renovation is taking place.
- November 24, 2010: Added by Anthony Dillon
- Anthony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com