Dr. James E. Randolph (1888-1981)
120 Lynn St., Covington, KY
+39.07976, -84.5065739°04'47" N, 84°30'24" W
"Born in Missouri, Randolph earned a medical degree from Meharry College in Nashville, Tenn., in 1917. He moved to Covington in 1922 and opened an office on Greenup St., where he practiced for 59 years. He was the first African American physician at St. Elizabeth Hospital and the first to be admitted to the Campbell-Kenton Medical Society.
Among Dr. Randolph’s several honors are the La Salette Academy’s Gold Medal for service to the community (1976) and the Eastside Neighborhood Park that bears his name (1974). In 1997, he was posthumously inducted into the Northern Ky. Leadership Hall of Fame. Randolph is buried at Mary Smith Cemetery in Elsmere, Ky."
- March 28, 2011: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger
- January 1, 2011: Added by Bill Eichelberger