Established in 1886, the Covington Ladies Home is a non-profit and non-sectarian "personal care home" where women aged 62 and up, can live in an atmosphere of quiet dignity and individual respect, security and care.
The displaced women dependent on the generosity of others now had nowhere to turn. Mrs. Ellen B. Dietrich was well aware of the conditions of the poor in her neighborhood and her own residence often served as a haven for these women.
With the help of several philanthropically minded friends, she formed “The Women’s Educational & Industrial Union” which in turn grew to be the “Home for Aged and Indigent Women.” This original Board of Managers built the present facility, a grand Victorian mansion in the historical Licking-Riverside District, in 1894. In 1972 the name was officially changed to “The Covington Ladies Home.”
The most recent renovation was in 1999-2001 and resulted in the addition of the elevator tower and rear balconies as well as general mechanical, electrical and plumbing updating. The Home today is a genteel reminder of another era with the conveniences of contemporary living.