KY 524 & 4th Street, Westport, Kentucky
+38.47855, -85.4740138°28'43" N, 85°28'26" W
Quadrangle map:La Grange
"First called Liberty, located on 1780 grant to Elijah Craig. Ferry operated here by Levi Boyer early as 1800 formed a link in route to Illinois country. Town became a port to the west-Westport. In the steamboat era, the town was a thriving port for shipping farm produce and receiving merchandise. The first county seat of Oldham, 1823-38, except nine months, 1827."
- April 16, 2011: Added by Bill Eichelberger