First Christian Church
911 High Street, Paris, KY
+38.20911, -84.2538138°12'33" N, 84°15'14" W
Quadrangle map:Paris West
"First Christian Church organized 1827 by Thomas Allen, John Gano, and six "brave and forthright" women. Part of movement led by Barton W. Stone out of 1801 Cane Ridge Revival promoting Christian unity on New Testament authority. Prominent from its beginning, the congregation hosted many early movement leaders, including Barton Stone and Alexander Campbell.
(Reverse) - First Christian Church - First building Eighth and Main St. dedicated 1828. Rapid growth required expansion; new structure on same site was dedicated 1858. Building used as Union divisional headquarters in Civil War. The present building of Romanesque style of native Kentucky stone was dedicated in 1902. Education addition was dedicated in 1959. Presented by First Christian Church."
- April 19, 2011: Added by Bill Eichelberger