Courthouse Sq., KY 1837, Blandville, KY
+36.94334, -88.9639636°56'36" N, 88°57'50" W
"Site of the first courthouse in Ballard Co., Kentucky, which, until 1886, was comprised of present Ballard and Carlisle Counties. Blandville, like Ballard Co., was named for Captain Bland Ballard. Established as the county seat by Kentucky Legislature in 1842, and continued as such for 40 years until 1882, when courthouse burned. Wickliffe then became county seat."
- April 20, 2011: Added by Bill Eichelberger