Ogden Memorial United Methodist Church
305 West Main St., Princeton, KY
+37.10984, -87.8846737°06'35" N, 87°53'05" W
Quadrangle map:Princeton West
"Congregation organized in 1818 as Methodist Episcopal Church at home of Richard Barnes, a tanner. First meeting house later built beside his home on S. Jefferson St. Became M.E. Church, South, 1845, when national church split over slavery. Renamed to honor Benjamin Ogden, first minister appointed to western Ky. and Tenn. by Bishop Asbury.
(Reverse) Ogden Memorial United Methodist Church - The first meeting house of Ogden Memorial was on South Jefferson Street. Several other evangelical denominations were organized there. The second building was erected in 1878 on South Seminary Street between Main and Washington. The present edifice, honoring Benjamin Ogden, erected 1928-29. Presented by Mary McCamey Smith."
- April 24, 2011: Added by Bill Eichelberger