Princeton First Baptist Church
300 West Main St., Princeton, KY
+37.10981, -87.8846137°06'35" N, 87°53'05" W
Quadrangle map:Princeton West
"First Baptist Church, organized on March 30, 1850, under the leadership of the Rev. James Mansfield and a presbytery from Donaldson, Harmony, and New Bethel Baptist Churches, began with 11 members. The 1st church, built in 1851, stood on Vine Street. It was used by Union troops as a hospital stable for their horses.
(Reverse) A 2nd building was built in 1881 on the SW corner of this site. This church burned in 1893. A 3rd church was built by July 1896. In 1927, Frank Blackburn was hired to supervise the construction of the current sanctuary with the 1st educational annex. In 1959, the church added the present educational wing and chapel."
- April 24, 2011: Added by Bill Eichelberger