KY 52 & Dark Hollow Rd., West Irvine, KY
+37.69859, -83.9912737°41'55" N, 83°59'29" W
"Indian Trading Post and camping ground. Called "Ah-wah-nee," a grassy place, by the Shawnees who hunted here and obtained their lead supply in this vicinity. In 1769, Daniel Boone, Squire Boone, and Joseph Proctor were first of many pioneers to use camp, which is located on an old buffalo trace known as War Road, then a direct route from Boonesborough to the East."
- April 25, 2011: Added by Bill Eichelberger