540 West Maxwell St., Lexington, KY
+38.04766, -84.5061538°02'52" N, 84°30'22" W
Quadrangle map:Lexington West
"The land upon which Pleasant Green Baptist Church stands was conveyed in 1822 by Dr. Frederick Ridgely, a white surgeon in Lexington, to trustees Harry Quills, Benjamin Admon, and Solomon Walker, all slaves, for purpose of erecting an African church. From date of deed, black congregation has continued to worship at this site."
- April 26, 2011: Added by Bill Eichelberger