Lincoln Highway Marker, Western Terminus
Located on 34th Avenue in Lincoln Park, San Francisco, California in front of the Palace of the Legion of Honor, right next to the bus stop.
Lincoln Highway, Western Terminus
Photo taken by Carol
The nearby sign reads:
On September 1, 1928, a San Francisco Boy Scout Troop positioned the original concrete marker just a few feet from this site which read, “Western Terminus of the Lincoln Highway.” On June 14, 2002, Boy Scout Troop 17 of San Francisco positioned this relica marker in remembrance of the Lincoln Highway, once the Main Street of the Nation.
- May 21, 2011: Updated by J.R. Manning: Added to Category: Lincoln Highway Maker
- May 20, 2011: Added by Carol
- J.R. Manning - Lugnuts969 [at] gmail [dot] com